Pages

Saturday 26 December 2015

Excited

#excited this is how I feel about the new year coming up.
My stunning daughter is going to G12 and planning to go to the UK after....well not so excited to let her go but she needs her own life.

So I am going to try and do a little more by attempting to do step by step instructions for some of my layouts.
I will try and improve with details, so let's begin.
I love doing mixed media but this is my 1st page that I used so many different types of media's at once on a page and I loved every minute.

Step 1:  Choose a plain background with some colour but not to busy.  Take a dolley and adhere this to the top left of the page, I then took Ranger black gesso and painted some onto the page as shown below, let everything dry completely or use your heat gun to dry the gesso.


Step 2:  Choose a stencil and place this randomly on the LO using white gesso, mine was a prima stencil with a flower pattern.


Step 3:  Choose another stencil with a different pattern and randomly place this on the LO using white gesso.  Make sure everything dries completely.


Step 4:  Add your photo.
Add copper embossing powder, see below where mine was done heat with your heat gun.


Step 5:  Add the rest of your flowers, paper and embellishments where you want it to be.


Step 6:  Cover your photo and take some mist or paint and spatter some onto your page I used 3 different colours.  I also diluted some of the mist or paint with water and painted this randomly onto the page.  Add some micro beads if  you want.
Don' be scared to have fun and experiment with all your mixed media goodies that you have lying around.















Remember always have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment